Sunday, February 15, 2015

Week 5 Assignment 2: Guided Search Ass

For the assignment this week, I did a guided search assignment, and ended up annotating an  article about different teaching strategies , and how they relate to children with special needs.

One of the new ideas that this article introduced me to was the importance of diagnosis. While having full information is of course important to teaching, it is easy to forget that often teachers need to keep an eye out for indicators; not all students/parents are perfectly informed.

While I originally made my question a bit vaguer because of the greater number of school age over preschool information, this article had some interesting information about toddlers/infants. I think I'd still like to focus on preschool, but it did remind me of some scope I had not quite considered before.

Several of the references in the article related to curriculum and teaching plans. While some of them appear to be very technical, I will have to give them a more thorough look as our assignments continue.

Overall, this week was a lot more productive than the previous ones. Using the subject specific databases made it much easier to find relevant information, and the frustration of some of my previous searches was noticeably missing. Hopefully this trend continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment