Sunday, February 8, 2015

Week 4 Assignment 2: Research knowledge

This week we researched scholarly journals. The goal was to locate journals that related to our topic and annotate them/review them.

I think that this week's research finally convinced me that my original plan for a research topic was too narrow. As my assignments have noted, one of the most consistent obstacles/frustrations to finding information was the amount of it available on my topic.

The main difference this week was that  I started with very broad/few terms and slowly added more. In past weeks I tended to start with a lot of terms and narrow it after the fact, which didn't always have optimal results.








As I continue to research, I'm hoping that I will discover some thing related to my original topic that are still useful. While it is a bit annoying to have to change one's plans, the amount of research I've been seeing so far doesn't leave me much choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment