Sunday, March 8, 2015

Week 8, Ass 2; Literature Review reflection

After finishing my literature review, I think the thing that stands out most was how dense it was. While I have written plenty of research papers before, they were mostly about taking different items and using them to reinforce a position or thesis. Here, the topic was still focused, but the interaction between all the different items was much denser and multilayered. This is probably what gave me the most trouble; I am used to taking research and using it to reinforce a position. Comparing and contrasting it with other research is not something classes require very often, and rarely as densely and lengthily as this paper was.

In the future, I think this will help me tie research together more naturally, relate it more closely. The research I did helped me get a more complete idea of my research question, and the various research fit together fairly organically. As I continue with my courses, hopefully I will continue to find more and new information about how teaching strategies work and can apply to different types of children.

No comments:

Post a Comment